Declarations are to be made on every package
Every package under legal metrology packaging rules shall bear the declaration on the label securely affixed thereto, a definite, plain, and conspicuous declaration made under the provisions the chapter is as follows:
- The name and address of the manufacturer.
- The name and address of the manufacturer is not a packer.
- The name and address of the importer shall be maintained in the case of imported packages.
- In the case of a company, it is mandatory to mention the name and address on the label of the package with qualified words such as “manufactured by” or “packed by”. It is assumed that such name and address shall belong to the manufacturer, and the liability thereof shall be determined accordingly.
- If the name and address of the brand owner are provided on the label as a marketer, then in such a situation, the owner of the brand shall be liable or responsible for any violation of the rules and the act.
- The required action shall be initiated against the deemed manufacturer in the event of more than one name or the address appearing on the label. The prosecution should be launched against the manufacturer indicated on the label in the first place and not against all the manufacturers mentioned on the label.
- The generic or common name of the commodity contained in the package shall be mentioned on the package, and in the case of a package with more than one product, the name and number of the quantity of each product shall be mentioned on the package. If any package contains more than one product, then each package should contain the name and address of all the different products available inside the package.
- In terms of standard units of weights and measures, if the commodity contained in the package, or bear the commodity is packed or sold by number, the number of the commodity contained in the package shall be mentioned by the net quantity of it.
- The year and month in which the commodity is manufactured, pre-packed, or imported shall be mentioned in the package.
- The manufacturer has to indicate the month and the year using a rubber stamp without any overwriting.
- If the sizes of the commodities available inside the package are relevant, the dimensions of such commodities shall be contained in the package. If the dimensions of the different pieces are different, then in such a case, the dimensions of each different piece shall be mentioned on the package.
- If any packaging material bearing the months in which any commodity was exhausted to have been pre-packed is not exhausted during that month, then in such a case, the packaging material may be used for pre-packing the consent commodity or manufactured during the next succeeding month but not thereafter. However, the central government may, if it is satisfied that the search package material could not be exhausted during the period of a four-set because of any circumstances beyond the control of the manufacturer or packer, as the case may be, then the central government in such a situation may extend the time during which the packaging material may be used.
- Where any packaging material is exhausted before the expiry of a month indicated thereon, the packaging material intended to be used during the next succeeding month may be used for pre-packing the consent commodity.
- Every package must declare the name, telephone number, e-mail address, and office of the manufacturer, importer, and packer where the consumer can make a complaint in case of any default.
- It is not allowed to affix individual stickers on the package for altering or making declarations required under the rules.
- Where a committee consists of several components and these components are packed in two or more units, the sale of a single commodity and the LMPC declaration required to be made under the act shall appear on the main package of such commodities or packages. And the package shall also carry information about other compiled packages or such a declaration may be given on individual packages, and information to that effect may be given on the main package. If the components are sold as spare parts, a declaration shall be given on each package about all the components or these spare parts.